The Ransomware Attack Warning Alert is a misleading ‘ad’ web page that created to scare you into thinking that your system have a lot of heavy. So call to Microsoft Support unnecessary anyway. A telephone, which is given in the message is a fake MS Tech Support.
Please be warned that fake support 1-866-391-6238 was made to extort money from computer users. Calling to their hotline will just lead to confirmation that virus do infect your system. And this issue might lead to further troubles if not be removed right away. This technique is often used by cyber crook as means to offer product or services that PC users do not really need.
The mere reason why “Ransomware Attack Warning Alert” pop-up appear is due to adware that affecting your system. Its real aim is to deceive users. Indeed, calling to their Hotline is a costly experience. The only thing you have to do when alarming pop-up appear on your screen is to get rid of “Ransomware Attack Warning Alert”. This course of action would help stop all unwanted pop-ups. This would also stop to further harm your PC by this adware.
You do have to be very careful and watchful as you install freeware and shareware. This is the main key to avoid having the same kind of issue in the long run. Most cyber crooks are using this type of program to widely spread “Ransomware Attack Warning Alert” scam and sorts of harmful programs. This tip might be look likes so simple. Yet, to be very cautious when adding any programs into your PC is highly vital. This would help keep your system away from having this scam support and other form of cyber threats.
Ransomware Attack Warning Alert hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Ransomware Attack Warning Alert page from the browser
First of all, Ransomware Attack Warning Alert is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Ransomware Attack Warning Alert, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Ransomware Attack Warning Alert has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Ransomware Attack Warning Alert hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Ransomware Attack Warning Alert traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Ransomware Attack Warning Alert!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Ransomware Attack Warning Alert in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.