If you see QuestDNS.comin your browsers, it means that you have an adware in the system. The obvious feature is that your homepage is changed to QuestDNS.com and you can’t bring back the usual one by changing the settings. It hijacks the most popular browsers – Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and others. So how to get rid of it?
Adware that causes QuestDNS.com appeared on your PC with some free software, that you downloaded lately. So you need to clean PC from adware first. Keeping this homepage could be dangerous because it collects your personal information, redirects you on sponsored links and can harm your PC even more. Your system is very vulnerable now. For example, when you are shopping online, it can track your accounts and password and then steal your money or it can get information of your friends while you are chatting with them. QuestDNS.com makes everything in your system slowly and all your programs will not respond normally.
Remeber, if you have QuestDNS.com in the browser it means that your anti-malware is not doing its job properly and you need to reconsider your choice in a software. To prevent such hijacker and other viruses in future you need to have a powerful software. Follow our instructions to clean your PC very effectively.
Automatic removal tool for QuestDNS.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for QuestDNS.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with QuestDNS.com site virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by QuestDNS.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: