Qozmo is a browser hijacker that is commonly distributed in a bundle with various freewares and sharewares. It may seem as a genuine search provider firstly. But if users use it instead of their favorite search engine, they change their mind. It may appear to be extremely annoying, disruptive and lead you to malicious third-party sites. Usually it appears on random computers at once upon installing some popular free programs that have been bundled with this potentially unwanted program.
If Qozmo reaches its “point of destination”, it may alter the Internet Explorer’s, Google Chrome’s and Mozilla Firefox’s settings at once and take over the homepage and a default search engine. All these above-mentioned changes are done to reach its malicious purposes: to increase page rank and sale of various third party websites, generate pay-per-click revenue by promoting various sponsored websites.
Thus, Qozmo, pseudo search engine, may show you fake search results and display various links to suspicious web domains. You should also note that these search results may contain various commercials and if you click on them, there is a high probability to be redirected to sponsored websites. Plus to all these unpleasant actions it may add tracking cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information related to your browsing preferences. It is a violation of your privacy. Therefore, it is recommended not to endure this intruder and remove it without lingering. The instructions on how to do it you will find in the section below.
Qozmo virus removal:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and scan your computer with it.
- Click on “Apply” to remove all infections found after the scan is completed.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button:
- Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes.
Similar adware removal video: