Protect Shield rogue. How to get rid of ProtectShield fake anti-spyware program
We would like to take this opportunity to emphasize you utmost attention on the fact of appearance of ProtectShield. Remember that this is a typical rogue device that must be disregarded at all times.
You need to know that Protect Shield virus is being advertised via pop-ups stating that your computer is under serious virus attack and that you need to launch certain online anti-malware scan. As soon as you click on the pop-up notice you will face some page that shows certain ad claiming to be an online anti-malware scanner. At the end of this ad it will be told that your PC is under threat and then you would encounter the proposal to download and install ProtectShield as a solution against viruses. Please bear in mind that this online scanner is totally fake and is far away from decent anti-spyware shield for your system.
During its run ProtectShield virus will present plenty of counterfeit security alerts that are fabricated in order to make you think your PC has some kind of essential security issue. All such alerts will state that the application has detected active threats or that your important personal data is being addressed to some other unfair locations. ProtectShield will also show counterfeit Windows Security Center that is very close to the legitimate program except that it suggests you to obtain ProtectShield as a shield for your system.
To make the long story short, ProtectShield was elaborated in order to scare you and to deceive you that your computer has some serious security issues so that you would then come to the conclusion to purchase this fake. Thus you need to refrain from purchasing this tool no matter how convincing it might sound or seem to be. In order to uninstall ProtectShield please get assistance from some reputable anti-virus tool. As an option, you may perform it manually if you are knowledgeable how to do it.
ProtectShield automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
ProtectShield manual removal guide:
Delete ProtectShield files:
Delete ProtectShield registry entries: