powercoremain.exe worsens the work of your CPU. What to do with powercoremain.exe?
powercoremain.exe is a popular threat nowadays. Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and others face the risks. Nobody knows who can be next as the disruptor hides itself till the last. However, there are some symptoms which indicate the system is not clean anymore. Several of such signs you may read further. Malicious software is found of something it can profitably use. As a rule, there always something we don’t want to share with others in our PCs. Don’t be upset too early, we are going to help you in solving this problem.
powercoremain.exe Trojan doesn’t waste time and turns infected computer into the robot for Bitcoin mining. Such activities remain secret for users, but the computer suffers greatly. The main targets are graphic and central processors that loses their power in favor of malicious absorber. That is why CPU usage becomes abnormal, computer freezes too often and the normal online and offline routine becomes impossible.
powercoremain.exe leaves no signs intruding the system. Undoubtedly, the target of any malicious software is to decline the performance of your CPU. Thus, the trojan steals the energy of your processor and disrupts the system. The miner is not going to deal with CPU only, it aims to use graphic card’s power for own needs, too. Here you will require a trustworthy and efficient anti-virus. GridinSoft Anti-Malware utility is the best way to ensure your PC feels safe enough.
How to know that powercoremain.exe is in your system:
- You are confused with CPU and graphic cards work.
- You constantly see a great amount of pop-ups.
- Your private information is shared without your direct intention.
- Productivity of your PC falls down.
powercoremain.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove powercoremain.exe virus from the browser
First of all, powercoremain.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by powercoremain.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and powercoremain.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that powercoremain.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove powercoremain.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed powercoremain.exe!
Video guide on how to remove powercoremain.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with powercoremain.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.