Possessorrig.com redirects browser constantly. How to stop Possessorrig.com process?
Possessorrig.com pop-up windows will repeatedly and randomly redirect your browser to the huge variety of other websites. Some of them may be quite acceptable, whereas the large portion of these domains will be extremely dangerous. Possessorrig.com domain is therefore used as an intermediary between your browser and plenty of other third-party resources to which you may be forwarded. However, occurrence of these pop-ups and subsequent redirections doesn’t take place by itself, without any reason. Most likely your computer is infected with adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program) that currently spews out such pop-ups on a permanent basis.
Problems with Possessorrig.com pop-ups take place not coincidentally in the majority of cases. Clicking on some malicious links can easily lead to the virus penetration, however, current danger looks like an adware. Many browsers face the challenge with this malware, but Google Chrome users complain about the threat most of all these days. Other Chromium open source project browsers show the same tendency.
The appearance of Possessorrig.com pop-ups associates with various harmful activities in your system. First and foremost, the task is to redirect your browser with infection to other unknown sites for diverse aims. Such sites with domain names contain advertisements or sponsored links that lead to the adware generating Possessorrig.com pop-ups. Despite the best motivating and fancy words you are going to read there, do not interact with the faulty content on the sites. The interaction results even more mess if you agree to follow their deceiving instructions. So, keep away from the Possessorrig.com suggestions that suddenly appear on the screen.
We advise conducting Possessorrig.com uninstallation as fast as possible, slowness can result wrong things. Remove the threat with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool now. A thorough scan of your system will show if you have something else to delete. There is a necessity to do such check regularly as your computer may have some other samples of potentially unwanted applications. Instruction below will teach you how to do everything quick and pleasant.
Possessorrig.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Possessorrig.com virus from the browser
First of all, Possessorrig.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Possessorrig.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Possessorrig.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Possessorrig.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Possessorrig.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Possessorrig.com!
Video guide on how to remove Possessorrig.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Possessorrig.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.