What do you think when you suddenly open your computer and see a strange warning at your screen saying that your computer has been locked by the Policia Nacional del Ecuador? Would you believe the contents of this alert? If so, then you automatically agree with the list of accusations contained in the message. This probably means you’ve indeed been doing some of those bad things listed. If you don’t believe this then you consciousness doesn’t condemn you because you know you’ve been doing right things on your computer and have not committed anything illegal. If so, you should have an understanding that this is not a real police warning. In both of these cases this message you see depicted at the screenshot has nothing to do with the Policia Nacional del Ecuador. This is a serious ransomware locker that hijacks systems located in this country. This application is the product of cyber frauds who want to obtain easy cash by means of deceiving and ripping users off.
If your system has been attacked by the Policia Nacional del Ecuador then you will see the scary message with the following contents:
Policía Nacional del Ecuador
¡ATENCIÓN! Su OP (ordeandor) está bloqueado debido a al menos una de las razones especificadas siguientes.
Usted ha estado violando “Derecho de Autor y Derechos Conexos Ley o (vídeo, música, software) y utilización ilegal o distribución de contenido con derechos de autor, infringiendo así el artículo 128 del Criminal Code de la Republica de Ecuador.
El importe de la multa es de USD $100 (US Dólar). Usted puede pagar una multa Ukash o Paysafecard.
Needless to say, you must not believe any portion of this deceitful information contained in the text of this locker. It tells that you must pay the fine in favor of the state budget supposedly for committing the crimes online, whereas you’ve never committed anything illegal, right? Well, at least we hope so. No matter whether you’ve done such things or not, this warning is not a real police message! You must not trust any sentence or word contained in it!
So, don’t pay any money in favor of the crooks, the developers of the Policia Nacional del Ecuador ransomware. In order to get rid of the fake Policia Nacional del Ecuador message you need to immediately perform certain steps, before running our recommended security software GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please find all these important steps outlined below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.