Users who come across with Gallery.games pop-ups have no idea about the penetration of their PC. The notifications look peacefully as there are no porn or adults games, so the majority prefers to ignore the fact of their appearance in their browsers. However, it becomes difficult to omit these pop-ups as they appear everywhere on the screen and do not let users to surf the Internet as usual. The main aim of these notifications is to involve you in playing the game through free registering.
If you have great experience of playing computer games, it is obvious that you know where to play worthy online games without alerts from Gallery.games. And for freshers it will be not the best idea to visit random sites with suspicious constant where they can come across with malware samples and infect their computers. Even if the game seems interesting and attractive to you, it’s better to stop before you start sharing personal information at the moment of registration.
The Gallery.games adware we told you find the way to the system through mindless installation of cost-free software that users find on the random resources. The fact of built-in tools with malware samples is often veiled, so you should be extremely careful while doing the installation steps and do not neglect download agreements. If you are sure that it was not your fault as you are always mindful online, the reason of malware invasion may concern the poor work of your current anti-virus tool. Remember that outdated databases make an obstacle for detection of computer threats. Add software that will help to find and kill possible rubbish onto your computer.
It is time to block #1 Rated Game of the Year pop-up appearance and delete their source. You can do it with a powerful malware removal application like GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that is a powerful cleaner you can use all the time. The milestones you can see below will help you to do everything fast.
Gallery.games removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Gallery.games virus from the browser
First of all, Gallery.games is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Gallery.games, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Gallery.games has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Gallery.games hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Gallery.games traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Gallery.games!
Video guide on how to remove Gallery.games from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Gallery.games in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.