PingPong is a misleading add-on that may cause the display of random advertisements or loading of additional new tab pages or content that proves to be unwanted or questionable. The unTabs ads may be enticing to some and eventually cause redirects or loading of questionable sites offering additional deals, products, and services through the Internet.
Existence of PingPong cause dangers that are related to your privacy – they can gather system and user data such as stored history, cookies, bookmarks, form data, account credentials and password. The data is transmitted to the remote criminal operators in real time via their servers. Hijackers are able to spy on the users in real time or install malware, including Trojans, viruses and ransomware.
PingPong is often comes packed along with freeware and shareware. Thus, to avoid this one and other adware, you just have to be very careful when adding programs into your PC. Make sure that there was no extra program installed aside from your chosen application.
Step by step instructions how to remove PingPong virus.
STEP 1. Remove PingPong virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove PingPong virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying PingPong browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove PingPong virus from your browser
First of all, PingPong is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove PingPong from your system completaly:
STEP 3. PingPong prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with PingPong virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.