Personal Protector 2013 virus removal (Uninstall guide)
I am searching for a good anti-virus program able to render the reliable security services. Can I rely on Personal Protector 2013 in cleaning and protecting my PC from viruses?
This the extract from the letter found on one of the security forums. So this post aims tp tell the whole truth. Personal Protector 2013 is a money-oriented program that pretends to be a helpful anti-virus program. Actually it is a fake AV developed as a tool for fooling people and stealing their funds. It has no ability to detect or remove any virus, trojan or malware. So, you must be very careful surfing on the Web. It is possible to have your PC infected with this parasite while watching or downloading files from unreliable resources. Never clicks on adds, because they often contain the malicious codes.
In reality, Personal Protector 2013 prevents the legitimate Windows programs from running, imitates fake system scanners and and presents invented scan results. These tricks are done to persuade you that your PC is under severe virus attack and needs to be cleaned up. After making the potential victim think that there are serious problems with the computer, the rogueware displays fake alert offering to purchase Personal Protector 2013 licensed version. Not fall into this trap. The only problem you have is Personal Protector 2013 presence on your computer. It goes without saying that you need to find a reliable anti-virus solution and kill this virus once and for all.
It is available for you by means of GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You need to install it and run full scan with it. Make sure to update the program before you run it. Then, when the scan has been completed, remove all infections it finds and reboot your system. If you have difficulties deleting this virus please contact us via support channels available at this site.
Personal Protector 2013 Manual Removal Guide
Delete Personal Protector 2013 malicious files:
- %Desktopdir%\Personal Protector 2013.lnk
- %CommonPrograms%\Personal Protector 2013\
- %CommonPrograms%\Personal Protector 2013\Uninstall Personal Protector 2013.lnk
- %CommonPrograms%\Personal Protector 2013\Personal Protector 2013.lnk
Delete Personal Protector 2013 registry entries:
- HKCU\Software\Classes\.exe “(Default)” = ‘exefile’
- HKCU\Software\Classes\.exe\DefaultIcon “(Default)” = ‘%1? = ‘”%AppData%\[rnd].exe” /START “%1? %*’
- HKCU\Software\Classes\exefile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%AppData%\[rnd].exe” /START “%1? %*’
- HKCR\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%AppData%\[rnd].exe” /START “%1? %*’
- HKCR\exefile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%AppData%\[rnd].exe” /START “%1? %*’