Personal Internet Security 2011 virus. How to Delete Personal Internet Security 2011
Personal Internet Security 2011 stands for rogue antivirus tool. Do you know what this implies? Well, this is a term applied for programs that do not render the stated anti-virus defense or report fake system security issues. Such fake security tool applies deceptive sales tactics in order to frighten you so that you would agree to buy this useless program. It runs fake scan on your PC and claims that you are infected with malware, trojans and other threatening tools. Upon termination of such counterfeit scan, Personal Internet Security 2011 will ask you to pay for a registered version of this junkware in order to delete supposed viruses from your PC and to make sure your system is protected. However, this is a false promise that leads to loss of funds. You should remove Personal Internet Security 2011 from your machine. Do not buy it.
Personal Internet Security 2011 comes from the same family as Smart Security, My Security Shield, My Security Engine, Internet Antivirus 2011, this is why the peculiarities of its activity are well known. This rogue tool may be uploaded via trojan downloaders or installed when the fake alert is finally clicked. Normally it has to be manually installed but in some cases installation takes place without user approval or authorization. During run of Personal Internet Security 2011 it will show various fake security warnings on some alleged threats and viruses on your PC. One of them is given below:
Similar to fake scan reports, these false warnings are simply being used to make you believe that your PC is infected with malicious software. The rogue tool amends Windows Hosts file and your LAN settings to apply proxy server that will not let you browse any pages on the Internet with Internet Explorer and update your antivirus software. Later on, it may prevent you from launching legitimate programs on your PC.
The detailed information on removal of this junkware can be found below. Also, if you have bought Personal Internet Security make sure to refer to your credit card provider and dispute the charges that were made via your card.
Personal Internet Security 2011 automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Personal Internet Security 2011 manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Personal Internet Security 2011 files:
%appdata%\personal internet security 2011\cookies.sqlite
%appdata%\personal internet security 2011\instructions.ini
%startmenu%\Personal Internet Security 2011.lnk
%commonprograms%\Personal Internet Security 2011.lnk
Delete Personal Internet Security 2011 registry entries:
hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Personal Internet Security 2011″