PC Repair virus. How to get rid of PC Repair scam
PC Repair virus comes to the attacked machine like a wolf in the clothes of a sheep, like a thief at night. It brings no relief to PC users but, on the contrary, it makes them really worried about the fate of their workstations. Believe us, these users who have their computers infected with PC Repair virus have grounds to be worried.
It would appear that some day they would turn their PC on and then they would not encounter the normal desktop of their workstation but, instead of it, they would see the empty desktop, without any icons on it, without any programs in the start menu, without the desired files and folders. Needless to say, they would indeed be very much surprised. What is up with their computer? Where are the missing files? What about the folders and the programs in the start menu? Where are my desktop icons? What is PC Repair finally? These are all the questions which the users would definitely ask themselves once PC Repair gets inside of their computers and start doing very many evil deeds inside of them. Well, the main goal of this article is to tell you the real story about PC Repair program. First of all, let us assure you that this is the virus program and not any kind of decent tool at all. Secondly, this virus has the aim of getting more and more money from you by means of tricking and scaring trusting users. Thirdly, it would initiate plenty of interventions into the common life of your PC which would cause all of the aforesaid problems of which we told you in the very beginning of our post. The last but not the least, PC Repair is the program which requires immediate removal.
So, there are several options on how to delete this scareware. These options include automatic and manual removal. Automatic removal is recommended with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful anti-malware scanner and rogue killer. As for manual elimination of this rogueware, we can boldly assert that this is a difficult assignment requiring extra computer knowledge and skills. So, please, whatever option you choose, make sure and delete this virus of PC Repair at once, without any piece of hesitation. Doing so fast would secure you from further malware aggression. By using and running GridinSoft Trojan Killer you may clean your PC from other cyber parasites.
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
The procedure of removal of PC Repair virus is shown in the video below:
PC Repair modifies your file system in such a way that all files and folders become hidden. In order to remove this “hidden” attribute users may download the application called Unhider from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe and run it. File and folder system should be restored back to normal mode. Please carefully watch the video guide below which will explain to you how to restore your files, folders, desktop, icons and programs in the Start menu.
PC Repair manual removal guide:
Delete PC Repair files:
%Programs%\PC Repair\PC Repair.lnk
Delete PC Repair registry entries: