PC Defender Plus. Removal tool
How do I remove PC Defender Plus virus? This is the question that is often raised by many users in various corners of the globe, since this is a fake antispyware application that targets systems without preliminary notification. This scam appears on your computer unexpectedly, when you don’t even realize that this infection is being implanted into your workstation. Surely, the issue of successful removal of this program is a challenge for many security blogs today, and for our blog as well. Please carefully follow our malware removal instructions that we’ve specifically developed to help our users get rid of this misleading and fraudulent application.
PC Defender Plus, like many other viruses, amends the system to which it is being implanted. This is done by means of adding some registry entries that make it possible for the virus to be started automatically together with every system startup. So, it appears each time you switch your computer on and want to do something important on it. PC Defender Plus stands for the scareware and bogus anti-virus tool that during its running shows fake scan reports, phony security alerts, and does not let you to launch your common programs. So, it will run a fake scan of your PC that lists various infected files. If you try to remove these threats, though, it will indicate that you first need to buy the program before you will be permitted to do so. Since the scan results are phony and untrue, please do not buy the hoax.
While PC Defender Plus is running it displays the multitude of fake security warnings on your machine to scare you into thinking your machine is in a real danger. For example:
System Security Alert
Background scan for security breaches was finished. Serious issues were detected. Safeguard your system against exploits, malware and viruses right now by activating Proactive Defense.
System Security Alert
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected.
It is now quite clear that PC Defender Pro was elaborated to trick you into believing your system has a security issue so that you will then obtain the so-called licensed version of this program. Please do not buy this scam, and if you already have, please get in touch with your good bank and dispute the charges mentioning that the application you’ve bought is a PC virus and a hoax. How to get rid of PC Defender Plus effectively? We recommend that you first restart your system into safe mode with networking before running any security software. Then please follow our specially developed malware removal guide that will explain how to delete this nasty Trojan with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Removal guide to delete PC Defender Plus virus:
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer. For this purpose click “Win+R” and type the direct link for the program’s downloading – https://trojan-killer.net/download.php
- Install GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Important! If your PC is totally blocked and any attemps to launch the computer in such manner are in vain, use this method. First, take your USB Flash drive / Memory Stick and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB Flash drive / Memory Stick. Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot.
(If you have Win 7 you need to click the right mouse button on the icon, click “Run as” and choose with administrator rights. If your PC is totally blocked and any attempts to launch the computer in such manner are in vain, use this method. First, take your USB flash drive / Memory Stick and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB flash drive / Memory Stick. Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot, install and launch GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Manual removal guide of PC Defender Plus virus:
PC Defender Plus associated files:
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commondesktopdir%\PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\Remove PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\PC Defender Plus Help and Support.lnk
PC Defender Plus associated registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\CONTENT TYPE = application/x-m
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND\ISOLATEDCOMMAND = “%1” %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\SHELL\RUNAS\COMMAND\ISOLATEDCOMMAND = “%1” %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\PCDFSVC = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] /min
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\DISPLAYICON = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] ,0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\DISPLAYNAME = PC Defender Plus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\INSTALLLOCATION = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\UNINSTALLSTRING = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] /tout