Onepagesnews.net is a dangerous domain that claims to be genuine. This malware can change the home page and the new default tab. Every time you try to perform a search, your search requests are redirected to an unknown malicious web address. Onepagesnews.no can infiltrate your computer when installing free software.
Once this malware is on your system, your browser behaves strangely, you can not stop redirecting to unknown malicious web pages and can not restore the previous settings. The only way to restore the normal life of the system is to get rid of the browser extension Onepagesnews.net. This adware allows you to keep track of the browsing habit. Onepagesnews.net collects and records all your confidential information and passes it to cybercriminals for income. This can be your search terms, your choice of products and even your credit card details.
The main intent of the kidnapper Onepagesnews.net is to make a profit on the Internet. Before this unwanted search engine leads you to harmful links and malicious web pages, it’s best to remove them immediately.
To completely get rid of this adware, do not hesitate to follow the instructions below.
Onepagesnews.net hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Onepagesnews.net page from the browser
First of all, Onepagesnews.net is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Onepagesnews.net, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Onepagesnews.net has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Onepagesnews.net hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Onepagesnews.net traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Onepagesnews.net!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Onepagesnews.net in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.