omni-search.net is a browser hijacker that could make unwanted changes to your browser. If you allow the hijacker to enter your computer, it will change your homepage, new tabs and search engine without your permission. It does not provide anything useful because the displayed search engine (omni-search.net) does not even work. Usually, hijackers try to redirect you to sponsored pages by inserting advertising content into the search engine but omni-search.net is not capable of doing this.
It is not particularly dangerous but it will annoy you because it will keep showing up every time you open your browser. There is not need to worry about it causing serious damage to your computer but it is recommended that you delete omni-search.net right away. It used a sneaky method, known as bundling, to enter your computer and was attached to some freeware that you were installing. That is how it entered your computer.
Generally, users install browser hijacker unintentionally, via free software. When installing freeware, it is important that you use Advanced or Custom settings and deselect what has been added to it. The boxes that you need to deselect appear only on those settings so if you have a habit of using Default settings, that might be the reason why you have omni-search.net on your computer. It takes mere seconds to uncheck a couple of boxes compared to later having to remove omni-search.net or something similar. Therefore, make sure you prevent extra items from installing initially.
Automatic removal tool for omni-search.net:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for omni-search.net:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with omni-search.net virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by omni-search.net:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: