The odbabo.info is a new malicious domain name worth reporting about. It permanently displays the multitude of really intrusive and quite annoying pop-ups that tend to redirect your browser to many random pages in the world wide web. As a result of such ongoing browser redirections, your computer may become even more infected with tons of other absolutely useless and dangerous applications. If you have noticed odbabo.info pop-ups to be active in your system, make sure you immediately perform the measures provided below that explain how to fully fix your computer infected with adware.
Problems with odbabo.info pop-ups do not occur just as a coincidence, so-to-speak. You could surely click on a certain malicious link which could produce this particular pop-up window, however, most likely your system is infected with adware. It is tempting to note that this trouble generally occurs with all widely used browsers, but specifically with Google Chrome and other browsers elaborated based on the Chromium open source project. Surely, the trouble may also disturb Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
The permanent appearance of odbabo.info pop-ups has the specific purpose of performing all sorts of malicious things with your system. In particular, their intention is to redirect you to many dangerous places on the web, through which you may be forced to download and install a lot of dangerous programs. Or, you might be forced to install some suspicious extensions into your browser, thus making it completely out of order. Hence, it is strongly recommended that you never interact with these pop-up windows. Your system may be messed up even more if you proceed with what they suggest. Thus, stay away from interacting with odbabo.info alerts you now encounter in your screen.
Summarizing the above-mentioned facts concerning odbabo.info pop-ups, your computer is indeed contaminated with adware as explained above. In order to remove these faulty and misleading alerts, your role is to immediately scan your computer with a reliable removal tool as explained in the remainder of this tutorial. The guide will also help you to reset your browser and to fix it fully back to the status in which it was before malware intrusion.
odbabo.info hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove odbabo.info virus from the browser
First of all, odbabo.info is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by odbabo.info, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and odbabo.info has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that odbabo.info hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove odbabo.info traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed odbabo.info!
Video guide on how to remove odbabo.info from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with odbabo.info in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.