If the newtabtv.com page has been set as a homepage and a New Tab URL on your Google Chrome browser, it means that a browser extension newtabtv.com has been added to the list of add-ons. Since not much information about this browser extension is available on its official website, users do not immediately understand that the presence of newtabtv.com is a result of the installation of this extension. Of course, not all the people willingly install this extension from its official website. Some of them get it from a file-sharing or a similar dubious third-party website together with free software, so it is not at all surprising that there are people who cannot explain why newtabtv.com is loaded when they open their browsers. If you are one of those users who know nothing about the installation of the newtabtv.com extension, go to remove it today. It is the only way to remove the undesirable search tool from browsers too.
In the opinion of our team of experienced specialists, newtabtv.com extension cannot be called fully reliable also because it is capable of entering computers together with freeware. In other words, it does not need to get permission to enter the computer. Of course, we cannot say that it is installed silently because users are the ones who allow it to enter their PCs by installing a software bundle or clicking on malicious pop-up advertisements they come across on file-sharing and similar third-party websites. Of course, they can get it from its official website too, but we suspect that a number of users are reading this article because they have not installed this browser extension and set newtabtv.com willingly.
Automatic removal tool for newtabtv.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for newtabtv.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with NewTabTV virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by newtabtv.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: