You may as well notice a lot of other weird things to take place with your browser. For example, the home page of it will be changed into newtab.club. You will be suggested to start your browsing with New Tab Club page. What you see in your browser is a truly annoying browser hijacker. Right now it is actively distributed in the web through being bundled with many other free applications.
Google Chrome is not the only browser which may become infected like described above. Other browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox may be affected by this nasty hijacker as well. On the other hand, NewTabClub is a pseudo search engine, which cannot really furnish you with any relevant search results. It has the only goal in your PC – to collect a lot of information from your computer regarding your browsing preferences, and then to use it for other illegal plans, mainly related to subsequent installation of adware into your computer.
Speaking about adware, newtab.club already performs certain role of adware in your computer. For example, when opening browser from NewTabClub homepage you will notice some sponsored ads displayed in this very home page. These are are often absolutely irrelevant to what you’ve been looking for in the past. In addition, the information presented through such ads is often extremely dangerous.
You may see a lot of reports about various errors and viruses supposedly identified in your computer. These ads shown in NewTabClub page are very tricky and will cause you to download various program supposedly in order to fix these issues with your PC. In fact, by actually performing these “recommendations” users may install a lot of adware and other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
Automatic removal tool for newtab.club:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for newtab.club:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with newtab.club virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by newtab.club:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: