news-reports.info pop-ups are surely not good for your children or younger members of the family to observe. However, the problem is that they often appear without your personal intention to see them or even without your personal interaction with them. In other words, you may simply open your browser and will suddenly see news-reports.info pop-ups to appear. So, what is the solution to get your system and browser cleaned from these nasty alerts?
First of all, it’s important to mention that news-reports.info pop-ups do not appear by themselves, without any cause. It is most obvious that the computer is deeply infected with some adware or potentially unwanted program that keeps showing them on a regular basis. You’re strongly advised to first detect and delete this adware sample, and this will be the best solution to clean your computer from news-reports.info pop-up show.
Intrusion of programs that cause news-reports.info pop-ups to be self-generated in your browser is often the consequence of you dealing with some free applications. These cost-free programs are often interconnected with installers of adware and other totally useless and even dangerous programs. The sad reality of the Internet today is that even sites like CNET or other freeware download resources may contain installers that will be bundled with adware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). However, another reason why your PC got infected is because your current anti-virus did not detect adware intrusion ahead of time and simply permitted its installation. This took place because of outdated databases of your anti-malware tool which simply did not perform its direct function of defending your system.
Our strong recommendation is that you continue reading this guide set forth below that helps you to understand how to get rid of news-reports.info pop-ups through utter removal of malware from your system in an automatic way. You’re strongly advised to scan your system with our recommended malware removal software, delete all identified threats and then reset your browsers using additional tips as explained below.
news-reports.info hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove news-reports.info virus from the browser
First of all, news-reports.info is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by news-reports.info, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and news-reports.info has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that news-reports.info hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove news-reports.info traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed news-reports.info!
Video guide on how to remove news-reports.info from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with news-reports.info in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.