Nanoformats.com Fake Update Pop-ups – How to Remove?
Have you ever seen “Flash Player is out of date. Download an updated version.” notifications in your browser? If your answer is negative, you may freely close this article and keep calm. If yes, do not stop reading. Nanoformats.com is a malicious website and it offers you to update Flash Player with fake installer despite the fact you’ve got up-to-date software version of Flash Player.
Nanoformats.com occurs as soon as users press “Download” or “Install now” button. Once appeared, potentially unwanted program will work without rest. Users must not expect Flash Player, in contrast, they will get Nanoformats.com malware. There is an adware installer there, but do not be deceived, it is not the legitimate Flash Player updater. Use official sites to update your Flash Player, other resources risk starting malicious processes in the system. This software provokes plenty of problems and it gives third-party users access to your computer so that they feel free to collect searching keys, monitor keystrokes and steal personal user information. If you really feel the necessity to update Flash Player, then get the installer directly from official website. Now, it is mandatory to scan the system and reveal malicious object without delay. Scan the system with malware-tracking software to get the best results and eliminate the threat in time.
The necessity to block Nanoformats.com notifications is as obvious as the fact you need to check the system for the presence of other computer threats. Various rubbish and potentially unwanted items only slow down computer, do not keep them in the system. We offer you to use a malware scanner, such utility detects and deletes computer threats and potentially unwanted items like Nanoformats.com.
Delete Nanoformats.com malware and stop scamming your PC, that is not the end. Lucky for you, it makes no harm to your files or system. And if you urgently use GridinSoft Anti-Malware program, it will detect and delete it without remains.
Nanoformats.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Nanoformats.com virus from the browser
First of all, Nanoformats.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Nanoformats.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Nanoformats.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Nanoformats.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Nanoformats.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Nanoformats.com!
Video guide on how to remove Nanoformats.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Nanoformats.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.