Recently we found out the important information about the newest trend in malware world. More and more of our customers start claiming about different viruses spreading through the same domain .xyz. All these viruses also have the same logic – they display warning pop-ups, which are saying that user’s system is blocked. Often .xyz malware provides a reason for such sad occasion, saying that “Your System Blocked for Security Reasons”, “porn virus has infected your system”, “Your Browser has been hacked”, etc. Usually, scammers show the customers a phone number for support. Such calls’ main aim – to steal users’ money!
n6security.xyz – just a one new .xyz viruses representative (such as microsoft-official-error7710.xyz, Fya.fullsearch.xyz, Opserror.grovelled.xyz, etc.). Note, that such viruses lifetime is very short. This domain cheapness attracts the scammers, so we recommend you to be very careful with all websites with .xyz, just in case. But, if you have already seen n6security.xyz alert, you should calm down and listen to the simple truth. All these crooks just want to scare you! Please, don’t give them what they want.
Our customers were so scared by this APPLE WARNING message, that they really didn’t try to restart their computers, as scammers advised. In fact, restart of your system will not lead to “Permanent Damage” or data loss. It just sets you free from this fake alert, and you will be lost for hackers and stay safe and happy.
There are many .xyz malwares which try to make users call or download something. They really can hijack your browser and redirect you to its malicious website all the time, again and again. Regardless of how horrible it looks, don’t worry. Just a few simple steps will set you free from all the damage .xyz viruses caused on your PC. Please, don’t forget to use Reset Browser Settings tool after the removal process is completed – remember, that the pop-up messages you were so scared about are hiding directly in your browser.
n6security.xyz scam removal instruction
Step1. Remove n6security.xyz from the browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by n6security.xyz, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and n6security.xyz has been removed from your browser:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that n6security.xyz hasn’t install some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove n6security.xyz traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Sport Hero!
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with n6security.xyz in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.