If your browser is stuck with myGames in its home page and you do not know how to remove it, then you’ve come to the right place. The problem of myGames hijacker is widely described in many other computer-related websites today, however, there are only few of such resources which render effective removal solutions. In this guide you will find all the information you need to get this problem resolved.
As we’ve said above, myGames pop-ups intend to force you to install the extension into Google Chrome. According to our analysis, the pop-up suggests to install “Time Online” extension, however, in your case this could be something totally different.
Regretfully, sometimes people just fail to be duly careful. They often click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often allow many unwanted programs to be installed into their PCs, without their real intention for such installations to occur. As a hijacker, myGames is absolutely not able to furnish you with any adequate search results. Instead, it displays the wide ranger of intrusive advertisement banners which regularly redirect people to all sorts of other malicious places in the Internet.
The last but not the least, myGames hijacker regularly spies over your browsing activity online and may transfer this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. As a result of such ongoing tracking, your personal information may become accessible to cyber frauds who may easily manipulate it. So, in the light of the above-said information regarding myGames, we strongly advise that you get rid of it as soon as possible by thoroughly scanning the system with a proven malware removal tool as explained below.
Automatic removal tool for myGames:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for myGames:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with myGames virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by myGames:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: