My Safe PC 2014 virus (removal instructions)
How do I remove My Safe PC 2014 virus off my PC? What is My Safe PC 2014 anyway? Is this a legitimate application? The article gives the answers to these essential questions that bother many online users these days. In reality, this is the fake security application that displays multiple scary warnings, alerts, notifications and reports to prompt users into buying its license. In this article you will find out how to get rid of My Safe PC 2014 from your system.
My Safe PC 2014 is the direct successor of PC Defender 360 fake AV. This malware has been attacking computers within about three months already, and yesterday it was replaced by a new hoax with an old GUI yet new name. The malicious practices of both of these rogues remained unchangeable. The virus enters attacked computers in a hidden manner that can’t be noticed by user. This is generally the result of poor security protection of your computer. Sometimes even the world’s most well-known security applications and antiviruses fail to detect malware on time. This results in appearance of rogues and other forms of threats on your computer. By the way, it’s a good idea to reconsider the security application of your workstation. It might be that you need to shift to some other security program that will protect you on a more professional level.
Speaking about My Safe PC 2014, this is a hoax and not a professional security program at all. Yet, it tries to make you think that it has some decent intentions. So, it runs the imitated scanning of your computer and reports a lot of fake threats, warnings, alerts and notifications. They all have in mind to scare you into believing your system is in a real danger. Why does the rogue act like this? Well, its aim is to prompt you into buying its license (registration key). If you act as instructed by this program you’re actually committing a serious mistake. The viruses reported by it aren’t real. They aren’t dwelling on your system, and, furthermore, My Safe PC 2014 is most probably the only infection on your computer that should be removed at once. So, buying it is a total waste of your hard earned funds.
While My Safe PC 2014 runs itself on your computer it displays a lot of untrue statements and security alerts. To sum up, My Safe PC 2014 is the program that should be removed immediately. However, this is not an easy process. The application initially tunes up your system in order to be self-started with every Windows launching. Once it is running it makes it impossible to run any other security program you already have. If you attempt to go online the rogue will tell you that the program you attempt to download is infected. This happens when you try to download the application for removal of this fake AV program. The same thing happens when you launch any of your available browsers, or even the program Task Manager that could help you terminate (stop) the process of this rogue. If you’re stuck on the process of removing the scareware and don’t know how to bypass the blockages associated with it, we strongly recommend you to watch our similar malware removal video that we’ve recently placed at YouTube. It shows how to kill the process of My Safe PC 2014 and then remove it using our recommended security program called GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
My Safe PC 2014 removal instructions:
- Download the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer’s latest version from a clean computer through the address https://trojan-killer.net/download.php
- Save the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer onto your USB Flash drive.
- Copy the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer onto your infected computer through USB Flash drive.
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer’s installer as Administrator by right-clicking its installer and choosing such option. In Windows XP click “Run as…” and select “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity“. Click “OK”.
- Install the program but do not yet run Trojan Killer. Uncheck the option to run Trojan Killer at the end of its installation.
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer exe-file as Administrator by right-clicking its desktop icon and choosing such option. In Windows XP click “Run as…” and select “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity“. Click “OK”.
- Run scan with Trojan Killer and remove all infections found.
- Restart your computer and repeat scan in the case of necessity.
My Safe PC 2014 manual removal information:
%CommonStartMenu%\\Programs\\My Safe PC 2014\\
%CommonStartMenu%\\Programs\\My Safe PC 2014\\My Safe PC 2014 Help and Support.lnk
%CommonStartMenu%\\Programs\\My Safe PC 2014\\My Safe PC 2014.lnk
%CommonStartMenu%\\Programs\\My Safe PC 2014\\Remove My Safe PC 2014.lnk
%Desktop%\My Safe PC 2014.lnk
Associated registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\.exe “(Default)” = “4g”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\.exe\shell\open\\command “(Default)” = “”%CommonAppData%\\pavsdata\\security_defender.exe” /ex “%1″ %*”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run “avsdsvc” = “%CommonAppData%\\pavsdata\\security_defender.exe /min”