My Inbox Helper PUA Malvertising – How to delete?
My Inbox Helper extension alerts restrict user activities in the browser spoiling normal Internet surfing with many irritating notifications. These Scam extension pop-ups are generated by adware that has penetrated the system due to the deceiving techniques that hackers often use with the same purpose.
The My Inbox Helper alerts are strong indicator of defense problems. Installed due to the human error malware often encourages installation of more unwanted applications that pretend to be useful utilities.
If you are going to install free software from a shady site, you should know that there is a big risk to infect the system. We advise you to be careful during initial installation process. Select Advanced settings and avoid Typical installation. Hackers often bundle free software with unwanted programs to spread them all over the Internet. There is no difficulty, just look through installation steps and uncheck the option “Install My Inbox Helper” (if any).
Okay, now you know all crucial moments of My Inbox Helper adware penetration and activities. Use our GridinSoft Anti-Malware cleaner as you see in the instructions below to remove it.
My Inbox Helper removal guide
STEP 1. Remove My Inbox Helper virus from the browser
First of all, My Inbox Helper is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by My Inbox Helper, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and My Inbox Helper has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that My Inbox Helper hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove My Inbox Helper traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed My Inbox Helper!
Video guide on how to remove My Inbox Helper from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with My Inbox Helper in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.