Multitimer.exe virus disrupts your PC? How to get rid of Multitimer.exe
Multitimer.exe is definitely a kind of threat for your PC, AS it is a consequent component of a very harmful application. We prefer to classify it as adware. If the system is penetrated, your Task Manager can show this easily. The results of adware work you will see without a delay, they are multitude pop-ups, advertisement banners displaying everywhere in your screen via the default browser. Their appearance is certainly provoked by Multitimer.exe process in your computer. No time to think about, it’s time to fight for your privacy.
Considering Multitimer.exe actions, the way it impacts the performance of your computer is extremely negative as it consumes all vital system resources. The power of your CPU is taken for unknown needs and the usage becomes abnormal. You can detect Multitimer.exe process location if you open Task Manager, right-click on it and choose the function to track file location, which can forward you to the Multitimer folder related to it. Unfortunately, the average user is not skillful enough to delete all infected components. The threat will protect itself with the help of other similar processes and services taking place deep in the background.
The huge number of advertisements controlled by Multitimer.exe will drive you crazy in several days. The pop-ups are going to display everywhere to spoil browser session. They typically behave peacefully without showing you any decent information. Quite the contrary! They may alert you about urgent necessity to install a lot of helpful tools that are junk programs in reality. No doubt, they will mess the device up more and more. The final aim is to infect your PC with even more serious threats that will kill your CPU and exhaust the owner with slow performance.
As we’ve already mentioned above, removing these annoying advertisements cannot be achieved simply through deleting Multitimer.exe process. What you will need to do is to scan the system with a proven anti-malware application. This is the software capable to delete this particular infection and many other viruses from your system. To enjoy the benefits of our recommended anti-malware in terms of removal of Multitimer.exe and other infections you need to register the application by purchasing its full registered version. Finally, after you remove the infections found by it, you will also need to reset your browsers with its help. These steps are very well explained in the guide below.
Automatic removal tool for Multitimer.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Multitimer.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Multitimer virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Multitimer.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: