Motious.com is a browser hijacker that can infiltrate into your browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. If you noticed that your browsers redirect to on Motious.com because you might be infected with this threat.
Motious.com allows cyber crooks not only to ruin your computer but also to risk your privacy. Various ads from this shady program are more of a way to lead you to harmful web pages and paid links.Motious.com tracking your online history like websites you visited, search queries, and pointing out user’s line of interest.
This browser hijacker can steal sensitive information of PC users.
Once you figured out the that your computer is infected of Motious.com, you should have to remove it promptly, because is the only way to return the normal performance of your PC.
Motious.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Motious.com page from the browser
First of all, Motious.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Motious.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Motious.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Motious.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Motious.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Motious.com!
Video guide on how to remove Motious.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Motious.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.