If you’ve suddenly seen Mods17 to be in the home page of your browser this means that your system is infected with adware. There is a problem with it right now and you need to fix it as soon as possible. Your failure to act accordingly and quickly may result in further more severe damage to be made for your computer. So, by reading this guide you will find all the information you need for utter elimination of Mods17 adware from your system.
First of all, note that Mods17 adware is often bundled with other cost-free programs. It is very important that you always pay close attention to what else you’re going to install into your system along with free software you intend to make the part of your computer. So, if you find any suggestions to set Mods17 as the home page of your browser while dealing with free programs, make sure you do not allow such unwanted amendments to occur with your system. Always take time to thoroughly read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to free applications you deal with. In case you find the information about some additional programs you really do not need, your job is to switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent all such malware from getting into your system.
Unfortunately, sometimes people just fail to be duly careful. Instead of carefully reading the installation guidelines they tend to click on Next or I agree buttons blindly, without really understanding what exactly they agree with. And this is exactly the way they allow such unwanted malware intrusions to occur. Technically speaking, Mods17 is not a virus, but it is not a good application either. It does more harm then help for your system.
Step by step instructions how to remove Mods17 virus.
STEP 1. Remove Mods17 virus from the system
First of all, Mods17 is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Mods17 virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Mods17 browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Mods17 virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Mods17 from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Mods17 prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Mods17 virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.