minewindows.exe is a great problem for all digital currency. Bitcoin, Monero, and others may suffer from this Trojan Horse, and users won’t be aware, as is usually the case.
Firstly, let’s find out how minewindows.exe arose on your computer. The first assumption is mindless installation. Remind several last downloads. Have you read agreement conditions? You could simply miss the application detached to the utility you had installed. By the way, the owners of sites with access to cost-free software are quite honest with you. They try to include everything in EULAs (End User License Agreements), you just have to read them. But there is one more alternative version. Your current anti-virus software is not good enough to defend the system if databases don’t meet modern threats, it can easily permit their installation. Only software with updated data banks is able to confront serious threats.
minewindows.exe begins its wet work as soon as it intrudes your system. The main goal is to kill your CPU. Don’t you feel irritated while waiting for page loading? That’s actually what the miner is going to do. It will spend almost all your graphic card’s power to gain own advantage. Programs, that used to work properly, now run awful. One more alternative way of intrusion is poor security. How sure are you that your anti-malware software is a reliable one? If you have doubts about it, that may be the main reason of all problems.
minewindows.exe in your system if:
- CPU loses its power more than usually.
- The time for boot process rises more and more.
- Programs launch for too long.
- General state of your PC is poor.
minewindows.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove minewindows.exe virus from the browser
First of all, minewindows.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by minewindows.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and minewindows.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that minewindows.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove minewindows.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed minewindows.exe!
Video guide on how to remove minewindows.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with minewindows.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.