Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus is a computer threat that belongs an odious ransomware clan. Ukash Virus has different variations and every of them tends to infect the users of certain part of the World. By means of user`s IP, Ukash Virus determines where a targeted PC is localized and the interface language and version of the virus. The hackers want to be on the top of the World. Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus is encoded to display false messages in English, German, French, Portuguese and so on.
This version of the Virus differs from its predecessors such as http://trojan-killer.net/computer-locked-fake-fbi-warning-virus/ or Bundespolizei National Cyber Crimes Unit. It uses a little bit other tactic of stealing money – Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus does not bewilder the user with the fake notification shown at the desktop saying that illegal activities were spotted at a the PC. Vice versa – it says that the Windows system itself is blocking the computer for some actions that violate the Law. To unblock the PC and bring it to a prior the user should effect the payment in the amount of 100 Euro fine within next 24 hours. If not to pay the asked sum of money the user will not get the access to his/her PC and the information about illegal actions will be transferred to the Court.
It goes without saying that it is a handiwork of cyber criminals and the fines are not collected by authorities in such way.
Even if you pay the money your PC will not be unblocked. Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus has no such ability. The PC owner should find the effective solution himself to unblock the paralyzed PC. GridinSoft Trojan Killer anti-malware Lab offers you the instructions on how stop the privacy-infringing activities of the virus and how to make your computer function as before.
Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus unblocking steps
- Reboot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking
After you hit “Restart” button or choose the appropriate menu, the computer will begin to reboot. While the boot begins, keep hitting “F8” repeatedly, until the following window comes up:
- If you use Windows 7, open Start Menu, and type “msconfig” into search box. Press Enter. If you use Windows XP, open Start Menu, launch RUN and type “msconfig“. Press Enter.
- or press [Win]+R on keyboard
- When System Configuration menu shows up, click on the Startup tab and deactivate all the programs. Click OK
- Restart your computer into normal mode via the command “shutdown /r /t 0“ and remove the virus.
- When all steps are performed and Microsoft Windows Ukash is disabled you are recommended to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer, install it and launch the full scam to remove this hoax once and for all.