MergeDocsNow is one of the suspicious web browser extension which may affect your web browsing experience in a negative way. This threat is not malicious in itself, but it can perform extremely annoying activities and sometimes even poses a serious harm to your system. Thus, system security researchers have already categorized this extension as a potentially unwanted program or an adware infection. Once gets installed successfully on your PC, this questionable program starts generating unstoppable advertisements with price comparison, coupons, deals and so on.
MergeDocsNow may sound like an useful and economically friendly software, especially for those computer users who prefer online shopping. After MergeDocsNow sets itself onto your PC, you may notice that it display unwanted ads, pop-ups, and sponsored links every time whenever you started browsing the web. This is because most of the adware related programs are especially designed to support the third parties and to increase there benefits by driving maximum traffic to affiliate web portals.
Additionally, the advertisements displayed by MergeDocsNow may be linked to phishing websites. In case, if you click on those pop-ups, you may be rerouted to insecure sites and pick up malware or virus. Not to mention, this threat may track your non-personally and personally identifiable data, such as browser information, IP addresses, referring web pages, geographical locations, cookies and other information. However, keep in mind that this application has no real value, we strongly recommend to remove this adware completely from your system.
Step by step instructions how to remove MergeDocsNow virus.
STEP 1. Remove MergeDocsNow virus from the system
First of all, MergeDocsNow is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove MergeDocsNow virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying MergeDocsNow browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove MergeDocsNow virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove MergeDocsNow from your system completaly:
STEP 3. MergeDocsNow prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with MergeDocsNow virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.