Memory Scan (MemoryScan) virus. How to get rid of Memory Scan fake system defragmenter and optimizer?
Herewith please be advised of Memory Scan. This is a next representative of threats in the form of fake system optimizers that is, by all means, very annoying tool that can essentially damage your system. It should be emphasized that it is a direct clone of Memory Optimizer, Good Memory and other rogues to which we directed your attention in some of our previous issued articles. Even though these programs have different names their tactics and approaches and the final outcome of their malicious operations are always just very similar – total mess and ongoing performance disfunctions.
Below please find a short description of how it works: Memory Scan virus penetrates to your PC by means of several tricky downloads that can be made via certain unsafe web-resources. As soon as the download process is completed you will encounter some messages of your system being infected with all sorts of viruses that can only be dealt with by purchasing the full (registered) version of this scareware. Quite annoying is the fact that Memory Scan will not cease showing various popups directed at convincing you to finally buy it. At the same time, even if you do so you will still get no use from its dwelling inside of your workstation.
To summarize the aforesaid, you should definitely restrain from downloading or purchasing Memory Scan. We strongly encourage you to follow the instructions given below as far as removal of Memory Scan virus is concerned. It goes without saying that Memory Scan should be removed instantaneously.
Memory Scan automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Memory Scan manual removal guide:
Delete Memory Scan files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Memory Scan
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Memory Scan\ Memory Scan.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Memory Scan\Uninstall Memory Scan.lnk
Delete Memory Scan registry entries: