mcupdate.exe is a modern threat for digital currency. Owners of Bitcoin, Monero, and DarkNetCoin should be alert. People will have no clue till the last moment. The threat does its best to compromise the system discreetly and hide somewhere you cannot find. However, it is going to impair the normal functionality of the system at once. All your important data is target for malicious software. Once, the idea to throw your computer will spring to you as to work with this one will be impossible. However, there is software that can stop this and protect your privacy.
mcupdate.exe trojan appears with the programs you get as free on the Internet. Then, people notice that their computers start running worse. Still, they don’t understand what is the reason. And the reason is in the adware that found a gap in your security. A common case for users to install software without reading agreements. It takes time, there is always something more interesting, and therefore users ignore this important step. As a result, they receive unwanted application together with the desirable utility. Your personal data will suffer first of all, you might find it in the unexpected place. That’s when people begin searching for the solution.
Keep in mind the fact that mcupdate.exe Miner finds pretty well so it’s better to prevent its appearance than find the ways of its removal. You can increase the level of computer’s protection if you pay attention to own online behavior. Do not click on suspicious links, delete messages from unknown users unread, mind the installation process. Especially, be careful with download as most Trojans, viruses, adware and others come inside the system as bundled tool to free software. That is a possible way how mcupdate.exe Miner could appear on your computer. However, we do not exclude the penetration due to leaks in the defense such as outdated databases. That is why attackers managed to inject Trojan inside the system.
How to know that mcupdate.exe is in your system:
- You are confused with CPU and graphic cards work.
- You constantly see a great amount of pop-ups.
- Your private information is shared without your direct intention.
- Productivity of your PC falls down.
mcupdate.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove mcupdate.exe virus from the browser
First of all, mcupdate.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by mcupdate.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and mcupdate.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that mcupdate.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove mcupdate.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed mcupdate.exe!
Video guide on how to remove mcupdate.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with mcupdate.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.