MaskSearch.com search engine what will help the user find anything on the Internet. Unfortunately, no matter how legitimate it looks its still a browser hijacker. This site provides many coupons and sales while you are using it. Unfortunately MaskSearch.com can easily infect all kinds of browsers include Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer and others. This hijacker will change some setting so you will see MaskSearch.com (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the most awful thing is that MaskSearch.com will also install small programs with it what can also install some new virus stealthily.
MaskSearch.com didn’t have any installation files on the official website that mean that if you was randomly redirected to it, then you already have some viruses on your computer (or you skip installation of some freeware). Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. This is one and the most important rule how to protect your computer.
You should be really careful with MaskSearch.com because it also can redirect you to different sites or even steal some your private information. There are many alike viruses on the Internet what similar function to this hijacker – Youndoo.com or Trotux.com. Be really careful with random sites or apps what appears without any notifications. Such virus can make a mess on your PC and steal some of your private information. We highly recommend to remove MaskSearch.com after you was redirected to it for the first time!
How to remove MaskSearch.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with MaskSearch.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “MaskSearch.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for MaskSearch.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with MaskSearch.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!