If you see MaskIt on your PC screen, it is time to scan your system with the anti-malware tool. MaskIt is an unwanted browser extension which is considered as a PUA (potentially unwanted application) and do not promise you any good. Such adware developers do not care about the users profit – just for their own.
MaskIt will flood your computer with deceptive banners and pop-up ads that will absolutely ruin your normal browsing process. And redirects – there will be everywhere you go and always lead you to the same dubious websites, filled with the sponsored links. All these issues are not just irritating. Bear in mind, that ads and redirects produced by the MaskIt can fill your system with the unwanted software, fake optimizers, rootkits, backdoors, Trojans and even Ransomware.
MaskIt extension developers claim that their app is handy and will improve your browsing experience, but in fact it is not true. By letting the MaskIt operate in your browser, you give to the crooks all your private data and login information. So, it is the best choice to delete MaskIt as soon as you can.
Step by step instructions how to remove MaskIt virus.
STEP 1. Remove MaskIt virus from the system
First of all, MaskIt is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove MaskIt virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying MaskIt browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove MaskIt virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove MaskIt from your system completaly:
STEP 3. MaskIt prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with MaskIt virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.