Mapseasy.net is a browser hijacker that promotes a highly dubious search engine. It must have entered your system along with free software and that is why you need to develop better installation habits. It will make unwanted changes to your browsers and possibly expose you to questionable content. Browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting you to sponsored pages. Essentially, it makes money using you. The worrying thing about this hijacker is that while it is not malicious itself, it can expose users to dangerous content. You could end up with a serious virus infection if you are not careful and Mapseasy.net would not be to blame. We suggest you take measures to remove Mapseasy.net and prevent similar situations in the future.
Browser hijackers are distributed with the help of free software. Mapseasy.net was attached to certain freeware and when you installed it, you installed Mapseasy.net as well. In order to avoid these situations, you need to deselect what has been added to freeware. You can do that by choosing Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and you can proceed with the installation process. Do not choose Default settings as you will end up having to remove Mapseasy.net or similar.
Mapseasy.net will hijack your browsers and make unwanted changes. Hijackers can usually affect all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so it does not matter which browser you use. Mapseasy.net will be set as your homepage and you will not be permitted to change it unless you first delete Mapseasy.net from your system. Mapseasy.net might look like a legitimate site but when you type in a search query into the engine, you will be redirected to plusnetwork.com. Depending on your browser and the settings, access to this site would be blocked as it is classified as an attack page, which could allow malware to install onto your system. plusnetwork.com is a known browser hijacker that exposes users to loads of sponsored, sometimes even malicious, content. You would end up on weird and potentially dangerous sites just because Mapseasy.net wants to generate traffic. You have no need for this hijacker, uninstall Mapseasy.net.
Step by step instructions how to remove Mapseasy.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Mapseasy.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Mapseasy.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Mapseasy.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Mapseasy.net virus from your browser
First of all, Mapseasy.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Mapseasy.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Mapseasy.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Mapseasy.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.