Malta Police Force virus. How to remove MPF scam
Malta Police Force is a decent and reputable law enforcement governmental agency of Malta. Regretfully, many hackers today use its good name for reaching their numerous malicious goals. For example, the good name of this agency is actively used in a new ransomware program that locks the computers that have been infected with a special form of Trojan horse known as Reveton. You may see this ransomware virus infection depicted at the screenshot below.
The behavior of this virus isn’t different from many other ransomwares. Like all the rest, this scam attacks computers in a secret and hidden manner, so users don’t realize their system is being slowly but steadily infected. Hence, when the infiltration process is being finalized, this scam appears out of the blue. It says that you were found to violate the law, and thus, the virus says, “your computer has been locked”.
Obtaining such unexpected warning supposedly coming from MPF is of course scary when you don’t realize that this is a fake Malta Police Force warning. Keep in mind that hackers have developed this virus specifically to trick users into wasting their funds. The virus instructs users to pay the fine for committing the crimes they’ve never committed (associated with online activity over the Internet). The malware tells that the fine should be paid through indication of Ukash or Paysafecard vouchers, but doing so is a serious mistake. Instead, we hope that you will remove this malware as described below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.