Magic Jigsaw Puzzle ads are caused by an adware program that you must have accidentally installed. Ads are an everyday thing for all users and we see them constantly but if you have adware on your computer, the amount will increase tremendously, pop-ups will start appearing all the time, questionable banners will flash virus alerts at you, etc. The ad-supported program itself is not malicious, as in it will not harm your computer by itself.
However, it may be able to expose you to some unreliable content. The ads that you are shown may be hosted on malicious domains or you could be prompted to download something questionable. So that you do not put your computer at further risk, you need to delete this ads. And be more vigilant about how you install free programs because you allowed the adware to install yourself.
Adware is attached to free programs as an additional offer that you can choose to decline. Unfortunately, it is hidden, which makes it unnoticeable by many users. Since they are set to install alongside the freeware, if you do not notice them, they install. To prevent such unwanted installations, choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Those settings will show you all additional offers and you will have the chance of deselecting all of them. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes and that’s it. Do not use Default because you will not be made aware of any added items and will have to remove this ads or similar over and over again.
Step by step instructions how to remove Magic Jigsaw Puzzle virus.
STEP 1. Remove Magic Jigsaw Puzzle virus from the system
First of all, Magic Jigsaw Puzzle is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Magic Jigsaw Puzzle virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Magic Jigsaw Puzzle browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Magic Jigsaw Puzzle virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Magic Jigsaw Puzzle from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Magic Jigsaw Puzzle prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Magic Jigsaw Puzzle virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.