Korps Landelijke Politiediensten (also known as KLPD) is another ransomware tool that intends to infect active Internet surfers. Like other desktop lockers of such kind it is designed to lock the infected computer and extort 100 Euro fine in 24 hours from the victims. If is happens to you that your turn on your computer and finds it is locked and answers no commands it means that severe ransomware resides on your workstation. Usually it displays the following scary notification supposedly originating from the police.
Of course, the contents of such warning window may be quite scary for all those users who have not heard about computer infections of such type. We aim to tell you the whole truth about the virus and prevent you from paying your hard-earned money. Actually it was developed by some hackers who are eager to enrich themselves by means of fooling the gullible Internet users.
So, they do their best to make you donate some funds through the entering of Ukash or Paysafecard voucher (PIN) codes in the respective section of the ranwomware’s scary warning. This fake warning allegedly originated from the Police says that the fine should paid to unlock your PC. Of course, you’ve never done such illegal activities as stated in the message, have you? So, do not get upset please. Disregard the scary warning of this malware and please carefully perform all steps outlined in the removal guide.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.