Iupot.com/afu virus removal instruction. How to delete Iupot.com/afu process?
Iupot.com/afu alerts can redirect browser to the sites with advertising resources. To tell the truth, you can hardly find any helpful information there, whereas malicious item are certainly presented. The will lead to computer infection that is difficult to track and delete. Iupot.com/afu domain constructs a link between your browser and shady sites. Be careful to see any redirections, they indicate about virus intrusion. An adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program) has appeared in your system and started generating advertising messages.
Iupot.com/afu pop-ups and related browser redirection issues may take place in all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge. Typically such pop-ups will appear in new tabs, so as time goes by you may notice that there will be plenty of such new tabs active in your browser. This will definitely produce an extremely negative impact on performance of your computer in general, since there will be high CPU usage caused by this particular persistent adware that produces Iupot.com/afu repeated pop-ups.
Iupot.com/afu appears when mindless installation takes place. How often do you read EULAs (End User License Agreements)? If you do it not regularly, there is a chance to install something harmful together with useful utilities. To read or not to read, that is all up to you, but we think it’s our duty to warn you about sad results in advance. You can hardly find a safe resource for installation nowadays as mostly all of them contain infected samples. However, you can fail even when you have already installed anti-virus on your computer. Not all of them are really reliable, they can fail to recognize the threat and to stop the installation of unwanted applications. So, you may need additional software to remove such malware.
Unfortunately, the fact that Iupot.com/afu adware still worsens your PC is obvious. You need to block it as soon as possible. Immediate scan of your system will help to find the source of the adware and eliminate it. With an effective anti-malware tool you will do everything faster and more securely, and the guidelines below are ready to help you with this. Do not forget to reset your browser because it needs fixing to return to the previous condition before the adware penetrated the system.
Iupot.com/afu removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Iupot.com/afu virus from the browser
First of all, Iupot.com/afu is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Iupot.com/afu, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Iupot.com/afu has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Iupot.com/afu hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Iupot.com/afu traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Iupot.com/afu!
Video guide on how to remove Iupot.com/afu from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Iupot.com/afu in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.