ptt.exe process displays in your Task Manager. Your computer probably got particular malicious software, or potentially unwanted utility. ptt.exe process can generate unexpected alerts, redirections and other negative activities while it is active. Typically, your computer feels subsequent slowdown shortly after it penetrates the system. Unfortunately, all possible activities of this threat are hard to predict for sure but they are certainly harmful and won’t lead to anything positive concerning your system. We prepared a brief analysis of its influence on your system and the way of its removing.
Right-clicking on ptt.exe in the Task Manager will give you the option to open the Windows folder where this process is located. The problem when trying to get rid of this folder manually is that it is could be deeply interconnected with many other services and processes active in your PC simultaneously. Altogether, they create a lot of obstacles for you when trying to delete ptt.exe infection.
When you haven’t met common threats before, you need to know the consequences of ptt.exe process activities. Bad performance, overloading of the computer to maximum, stealing CPU power, losing private information are the main symptoms of this potentially unwanted object. Remember that if you know how computer threats appear on the computer, you can prevent the penetration and decrease the risks of hijacking. Mindless installation is the first way to infect own computer. Cost-free utilities often contain malware samples which are attached as bundled tools. Therefore, users install not only the program they wanted but many useless or even potentially unwanted components. However, when the anti-virus software works properly, there will be no possibility for invasion.
If you keep your defense tools updated (under the condition that you have them on your computer), . the ptt.exe process will not harm your system. Add a special program that has been created to track and delete computer threats. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware program that will solve the problem with such threats like you already have.
Automatic removal tool for ptt.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for ptt.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Windows virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by ptt.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: