Ionsoftware.info pop-up windows will repeatedly and randomly redirect your browser to the huge variety of other websites. Some of them may be quite acceptable, whereas the large portion of these domains will be extremely dangerous. Ionsoftware.info domain is therefore used as an intermediary between your browser and plenty of other third-party resources to which you may be forwarded. However, occurrence of these pop-ups and subsequent redirections doesn’t take place by itself, without any reason. Most likely your computer is infected with adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program) that currently spews out such pop-ups on a permanent basis.
Problems with Ionsoftware.info pop-ups take place not coincidentally in the majority of cases. Clicking on some malicious links can easily lead to the virus penetration, however, current danger looks like an adware. Many browsers face the challenge with this malware, but Google Chrome users complain about the threat most of all these days. Other Chromium open source project browsers show the same tendency.
Ionsoftware.info is the result of mindless installation, when you aren’t careful with EULAs (End User License Agreements). That concerns infected apps with bundled samples of malware you can find on cost-free resources. However, most of us rely on anti-viruses we already have and avoid doing this step. Even the most respectful sites, for example, CNET and others tend to contain harmful samples. In case when your system shows a poor level of computer defense. Hence, your acting anti-virus tool may fail to recognize the threat and to stop the installation of unwanted applications. Consequently, it doesn’t seek to remove them.
Ionsoftware.info removal is an essential thing to do, waiting too much can have upsetting result. Remove the threat with GridinSoft Anti-Malware without delay. Scan the system with our utility and it will show some other malicious software. Do the check regularly and you will have no problem with your system anymore. Instruction below will teach you how to do everything quick and pleasant.
Ionsoftware.info removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Ionsoftware.info virus from the browser
First of all, Ionsoftware.info is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Ionsoftware.info, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Ionsoftware.info has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Ionsoftware.info hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Ionsoftware.info traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Ionsoftware.info!
Video guide on how to remove Ionsoftware.info from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Ionsoftware.info in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.