If you home page or search engine has been changed to InitialSite123.com there is a very good chance that you have been the victim of a search hijacking. This type of infection is caused for alarm as it is an indicator a virus or some other malware has infiltrated your computer and took control of your web browser. Once installed, the virus will sneak into your browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera, Torch) and change your search settings and provider to InitialSite123.com. This hijacker has similar function like other two browser viruses what have already infected more than a thousand computers all over the world LuckyStarting.com or Ourluckysites.com.
You might thing that simply resetting your browser or removing the redirection to InitialSite123 will fix the situation, but it mat be much more deep rooted than that. It is very common for search hijacker viruses to come installed with a malware counterpart known as a search protectors that monitors changes to your search or home pages and quickly reset it to InitialSite123.com if it sees you manually attempting to change it or if it sees an anti-virus program try to reset it.
Do not despair, if you are infected with Initial Site 123. Depending on which web browser you use, you can attempt to change your search back to its default (Google, Bing, DuckDuck, etc.). If the reset does not work, it means that you have search protection malware running and you will need to use a commercial anti-virus software to remove this infections. Should that be the case, follow the removal instructions below.
Step by step instructions how to remove InitialSite123.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove InitialSite123.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove InitialSite123.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying InitialSite123.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove InitialSite123.com virus from your browser
First of all, InitialSite123.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove InitialSite123.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. InitialSite123.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with InitialSite123.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.