infozam.exe process displays in your Task Manager. Your computer probably got particular malicious software, or potentially unwanted utility. infozam.exe process can generate unexpected alerts, redirections and other negative activities while it is active. Typically, your computer feels subsequent slowdown shortly after it penetrates the system. Unfortunately, all possible activities of this threat are hard to predict for sure but they are certainly harmful and won’t lead to anything positive concerning your system. We prepared a brief analysis of its influence on your system and the way of its removing.
Right-clicking on infozam.exe in the Task Manager will give you the option to open the ProgramData folder where this process is located. The problem when trying to get rid of this folder manually is that it is could be deeply interconnected with many other services and processes active in your PC simultaneously. Altogether, they create a lot of obstacles for you when trying to delete infozam.exe infection.
When you haven’t met common threats before, you need to know the consequences of infozam.exe process activities. Bad performance, overloading of the computer to maximum, stealing CPU power, losing private information are the main symptoms of this potentially unwanted object. Remember that if you know how computer threats appear on the computer, you can prevent the penetration and decrease the risks of hijacking. Mindless installation is the first way to infect own computer. Cost-free utilities often contain malware samples which are attached as bundled tools. Therefore, users install not only the program they wanted but many useless or even potentially unwanted components. However, when the anti-virus software works properly, there will be no possibility for invasion.
If you keep your defense tools updated (under the condition that you have them on your computer), . the infozam.exe process will not harm your system. Add a special program that has been created to track and delete computer threats. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware program that will solve the problem with such threats like you already have.
infozam.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove infozam.exe virus from the browser
First of all, infozam.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by infozam.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and infozam.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that infozam.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove infozam.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed infozam.exe!
Video guide on how to remove infozam.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with infozam.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.