[INFO] Trojan-Downloader.Agent removal instructions.
Trojan-Downloader.Agent trojan appears in the system really secretly and hides deep in the background. The main target is to provide malicious activities without any signs, so in most cases users have no clue about the threat in their PC. This harmful computer program is used to infect the system of the targeted PC. Trojans look like ordinary viruses so they are commonly misled.
When Trojan-Downloader.Agent trojan penetrates the system, it starts conducting hazardous processes. There are no concrete symptoms, however, even not the most attentive users notice general violation of the PC productivity, for example, slowness and freezing of particular programs. We don’t want to scare you even more, but that is only the beginning of your troubles, something worse is waiting for you. So, you should not be waiting for too long as the trouble is serious and needs an urgent solution.
The presence of Trojan-Downloader.Agent trojans attributes to mindless behaviour of users. They tend to install harmful software that pretends to be helpful utility aiming to promote your computer. Actually, the chance to download a really useful thing with built-in malware sample is rather high these days as even the most proven installation resources can guarantee 100 percent of confidence. In case when you already injected the threat, you have to find a powerful anti-malware scanner to get rid of the trojan right now. The main trouble is that it leads to the information leak and setting up a new bunch of viruses. In addition, hackers can use this trojan to get unauthorized remote access to your system.
The best solution against Trojan-Downloader.Agent trojan is a time-tasted anti-malware tool which will be a perfect addition to your current anti-virus. No doubts, GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool is one of the most reliable in doing this task. It is user-friendly, clear and effective. Try it now and have no more problems!
Trojan-Downloader.Agent removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Trojan-Downloader.Agent virus from the browser
First of all, Trojan-Downloader.Agent is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Trojan-Downloader.Agent, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Trojan-Downloader.Agent has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Trojan-Downloader.Agent hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Trojan-Downloader.Agent traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Trojan-Downloader.Agent!
Video guide on how to remove Trojan-Downloader.Agent from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Trojan-Downloader.Agent in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.