Ifastsearch.com is a browser hijacker, similar to popular and familiar search pages. It’s main difference is that the hijacker displays ads at the worst possible time during viewing. Ifastsearch.com displays a huge amount of advertising in the form of banners and coupons that can be used in popular online stores. In addition, Ifastsearch.com changes your home page and significantly reduces the performance of the browser.
Ifastsearch.com, comes to your computer with a free program, for example, archivers, players, converters and other free programs. Some advertising sites and sites that distribute free programs can insert adware and malware into their download managers. Potentially unwanted programs come without the user’s consent, so users often do not know that their computer is infected.
Even if you just remove it from the control panel, it will be pointless, because Ifastsearch.com corrects itself in a few minutes. This hijacker browser collects confidential information and sends it to cybercriminals for further analysis and profit. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you remove Ifastsearch.com from your computer.
Ifastsearch.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Ifastsearch.com page from the browser
First of all, Ifastsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Ifastsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Ifastsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Ifastsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Ifastsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Ifastsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Ifastsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.