It is not a coincidence that you have located IDE.exe process in your Task Manager. The chances are that your computer got recently contaminated with certain malicious software, or at least with some potentially unwanted utility (which doesn’t often make any difference). While IDE.exe process is active a lot of unexpected things could occur, such as various sudden pop-ups through your default browser, redirection issues, etc. In general, your PC will have the peculiarity of essential slowdown because of this particular process to be enabled. However, this is just a brief analysis and the real consequences of IDE.exe process for your PC could be really devastating in the short or long run.
If you haven’t thought about the IDE.exe malicious process before, check whether your computer has it right now. Look through the Task Manager and right-click on the process if you see it. Selected option can open the really folder where the process is located. Try manual removing first, and if it will not help, delete the threat automatically with the specially made for this utility.
Intrusion of IDE.exe malicious process and other associated infections into your computer may take place due to various reasons. First of all, sometimes Internet users are personally responsible for installing the large variety of potentially unwanted programs. This often takes place while they deal with cost-free software that could be bundled with such PUPs. Definitely, it is always important to pay close attention to the installation guidelines and the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to such free software. In case you read about some third-party software that is suggested for you to be installed by default, do not agree with such misleading proposals. Switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck such options from being implemented. Finally, penetration of IDE.exe is the result of poor protection of your computer by your existing anti-virus software. It is also true that some users prefer not to have any anti-malware at all (which is surely not a good idea). On the other hand, there are many reputable anti-virus applications that claim to defend your PC whereas in times of malware attacks they fail to perform their direct function. Definitely, the fact that IDE.exe got injected is the reason for you to reconsider your choices in terms of the security software into which you entrust the integrity of your PC.
To protect your PC from IDE.exe malware intrusion and to get rid of this infection fully from your system we strongly advise that you carefully follow this tutorial below. As mentioned in some of our upper paragraphs, IDE.exe is interconnected with many other malicious utilities, so to get rid of it manually could be definitely a time-consuming and uneasy undertaking. Automatic malware detection and removal is what your PC needs right now. So, please implement all the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer clean and malware-free.
Automatic removal tool for IDE.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for IDE.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with really virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by IDE.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: