iChrome is an unwanted extension that primarily attacks Google Chrome browsers and possibly some other browsers that are based on the Chromium open source project. This extension is generally enabled through a special pop-up window that unexpectedly appears in your browser. It’s very dangerous to keep this extension live, since it performs various illegal functions while it is active. So, continue reading this guide that explains how to delete it in a proper way.
iChrome plays the role of adware in your browser since it causes a lot of unwanted advertisement banners to permanently appear while you surf the web. Additionally, the extension could cause unwanted redirections of your browser to random websites of extremely bad reputation. Finally, iChrome extension performs the role of spyware by regularly tracking user’s browsing habits and transferring this data to third parties for various hazardous purposes.
Activity and intrusion of iChrome in your browser was the consequence of failure of your current anti-malware to perform its important function of defending your computer. Because of outdated anti-virus databases your security program simply didn’t act as it was initially advertised by its developers.
So, obviously now it’s time to trash it and switch to some other much better software that will protect your system in the future and will remove this current infection from your system. Thus, you will be able to effectively eliminate iChrome from Google Chrome as well (by resetting your browser with the built-in tool). Please carefully follow our recommended malware removal steps set forth below.
Step by step instructions how to remove iChrome virus.
STEP 1. Remove iChrome extension from the system
First of all, iChrome is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove iChrome extension:
- Now your system is free from annoying iChrome browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove iChrome extension from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove iChrome from your system completaly:
STEP 3. iChrome prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with iChrome extension once and for all. In case you have any problems or this extension is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.