ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus
The warning on your locked screen supposedly coming from the ICE Cyber Crimes Center is not a real warning from this agency. Instead, it was developed by cyber frauds and launched into the world wide web specifically for the purpose of ripping users off. The contents of this message are surely scary, especially the words that say “your computer has been locked”. Below the list of fake violations of the law is given. Indeed, it is not a very pleasant thing to get such a message, no matter whether you’ve done such things or not. And, by the way, in the majority of the cases users have never ever violated any part of this US law, in spite of the locked status.
Any attempts to get rid of ICE Cyber Crimes Center scan turn out to be completely vain. The same locked status remains, irrespective of the number of reboot attempts. The locker also says “the common law is the will of mankind issuing from the life of the people”. Such a wise statement is used in this ransomware to make this warning sound more real. But, in fact, you should not trust any deceitful statement expressed by this nasty malware sample.
Please do not pay any funds as a fake fine through GreenDot MoneyPak payment systems. Doing so is a serious mistake on your part, and we hope that you will never obey the malicious and fraudulent instructions of these crooks who are the authors of this malware. Remember that ransomware lockers are becoming more and more popular among cyber crooks as a way to scare users. However, please be wise and do not listen to these fraudulent offers of the virus makers. Remove this ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus as described in the malware removal instructions below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.