href.li pop-up windows will repeatedly and randomly redirect your browser to the huge variety of other websites. Some of them may be quite acceptable, whereas the large portion of these domains will be extremely dangerous. href.li domain is therefore used as an intermediary between your browser and plenty of other third-party resources to which you may be forwarded. However, occurrence of these pop-ups and subsequent redirections doesn’t take place by itself, without any reason. Most likely your computer is infected with adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program) that currently spews out such pop-ups on a permanent basis.
href.li pop-ups display in the most popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge. As a rule, such alerts appear in a small amount in new tabs, however, their number grows gradually. PC performance worsens when malware comes on the stage, you cannot use your device as you got use to do because it is uncomfortable. One more drawback is that CPU’s power goes on the suspicious purposes that leads to the exhaustion of your processor. href.li alerts can disappear easily if you remove the source of their generation.
The appearance of href.li pop-ups associates with various harmful activities in your system. First and foremost, the task is to redirect your browser with infection to other unknown sites for diverse aims. Such sites with domain names contain advertisements or sponsored links that lead to the adware generating href.li pop-ups. Despite the best motivating and fancy words you are going to read there, do not interact with the faulty content on the sites. The interaction results even more mess if you agree to follow their deceiving instructions. So, keep away from the href.li suggestions that suddenly appear on the screen.
The best remedy to get rid of href.li pop-ups and associated adware is to thoroughly scan the system with a reliable anti-malware tool. There is the necessity to do that because most likely your computer is also burdened with some other samples of potentially unwanted utilities (which also need to be removed). So, scan your system with our recommended application, remove the infections it finds and reset your browsers with additional built-in tools as explained below.
href.li removal guide
STEP 1. Remove href.li virus from the browser
First of all, href.li is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by href.li, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and href.li has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that href.li hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove href.li traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed href.li!
Video guide on how to remove href.li from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with href.li in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.