Hptop.ru is completely a fake search engine that can infect many famous web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. You will let this malicious virus get inside your machine if you often browse porn sites, click on suspicious links or download some free programs from unsafe websites. Once Hptop.ru virus infiltrates into your machine successfully, you will suffer a lot of chaos. To begin with, you will encounter endless pop-ups which are promoted by this malicious virus. At the same time, you will notice that whenever you open a new tab, Hptop.ru pops up automatically to block your desired websites. Due to this, your Internet activities will be affected severely.
Therefore, Hptop.ru is pretty annoying. Moreover, many unwanted programs will be installed onto your machine, owing to this attacker. As a consequence, your hard drive will be overloading, which leads to slow system operation. With Hptop.ru redirect virus inside your PC, your computer will be damaged completely sooner or later. Hence, it I better to get rid of it as early as possible. However, as this virus employs rootkit technology which helps it escape from your antivirus program detection, we would recommend you to remove it immedately so that you can enjoy a clean PC.
Since Hptop.ru is a typical browser hijacker, it possesses all malicious features like other browser hijackers. It’s very easy to notice its infection, as it can immediately change the home page, start page and search engine of the infected browsers as soon as it’s active in your machine. Meanwhile, Hptop.ru could display sponsored search results when you use it to search for information. And it also displays advertisements randomly to promote unwanted products. Your online activities are monitored by this nasty Hptop.ru virus. Therefore, for sake of your privacy and peaceful life, it’s necessary for you to follow the removal steps and remove Hptop.ru as soon as you can.
How to remove Hptop.ru hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Hptop.ru hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Hptop.ru” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Hptop.ru hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Hptop.ru virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!